d +55 21 3824 7548
Av. Presidente Wilson, 231 – 23º andar
20030-021 – Rio de Janeiro RJ
Rodrigo Ayres de Oliveira is a patent consultant with life sciences and chemical background. PhD in Industrial Property and Innovation at INPI (Brazilian PTO). Master in Pharmacology and Medicinal Chemistry at UFRJ. Specialist in Regulatory Affairs for the Pharmaceutical Industry by the Institute of Science, Technology and Quality (ICTQ). He has attended to several patent search and drafting courses at INPI, the Brazilian Association of Industrial Property Agents (ABAPI) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). He also worked as Pharmacist Technical Advisor at the Nucleous of Technical Assistance in Health Actions of the Court of Justice of the State of Rio de Janeiro (NATAS-TJRJ), elaborating technical opinions on legal actions medicine related, providing technical support to magistrates.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nucleus of Technical Assistance in Health Actions (NATAS) – Court of Justice of the State of Rio de Janeiro – Position: Technical Advisor Pharmacist.
Articles and Publications
- Oliveira RA, Fierro IM. New strategies for patenting biological medicines used in rheumatoid arthritis treatment. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2018 Aug;28(8):635-646. doi: 10.1080/13543776.2018.1502748. Epub, August 2018
- AYRES, RODRIGO; FEIJÓ, PRISCILLA R.O. ; CINTRA, ADELIA C.O. ; TOMAZ, MARCELO A. ; MELO, PAULO A. ; CUNHA, VALÉRIA M.N. ; QUINTAS, LUIS EDUARDO M. Different effects of myotoxins bothropstoxin-I and II from Bothrops snake venom on cation transport ATPases from murine fast twitch skeletal muscle. Toxicon (Oxford) , v. 103, p. 80-84, 2015
- OLIVEIRA, TAISSA NEUSTADT ; POSSIDONIO, ANA CLAUDIA ; SOARES, CAROLINA PONTES ; AYRES, RODRIGO ; COSTA, MANOEL LUIS ; QUINTAS, LUIS EDUARDO MENEZES ; MERMELSTEIN, CLÁUDIA . The Role of Na+/K+-ATPase during Chick Skeletal Myogenesis. Plos One , v. 10, p. e0120940, 2015
Speeches and Presentations
- Lecture: Intellectual Property Strategies & Pharmaceutical Industry. INPI. Date: 07/20/2017.
- Scientific panel: New strategies for patenting non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. VIII Academic Meeting on Intellectual Property, Innovation and Development (ENAPID). Period: 11 to 14/08/2015, Rio de Janeiro.
- Scientific Panel: Overview of New Strategies for Patenting Biologic Agents Targeting Inflammatory Diseases. 12th World Congress on Inflammation. Period: 08 to 08/12/2015, in Boston, USA.
- Scientific panel: Effects of Bothropstoxin I and II on Na / K-ATPase and Ca-ATPase from SERCA of murine fast-twitch muscle extensor digitorum longus. V Postgraduate Conference of the Morphological Sciences and Pharmacology and Medicinal Chemistry Programs of the Biomedical Sciences Institute of UFRJ. Period: 26 and 27/11/2012.
- Scientific Panel: Different Effects of Bothropstoxin I and II on Na / K-ATPase and Ca-ATPase from SERCA of murine fast-twitch muscle extensor digitorum longus. 44th Brazilian Congress of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (SBFTE). (congress). Period: 06 to 09/11/2012, in Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná.
- Scientific panel: Effect of bothropstoxin1 and bothropstoxin 2 myotoxins on the Na / K and Ca-ATPases of the extensor digitorum longus muscle of mice. XXXIII Jornada Giulio Massarani of Scientific, Artistic and Cultural Initiation. Period: 03 to 07/10/2011.
- Scientific Panel: Effect of myotoxins bothropstoxin I and II on cation transport atpases of murine fast-twitch muscle extensor digitorum longus. XXVI Annual Meeting of the Federation of Societies of Experimental Biology (FeSBE). 2011. (Congress). Period: 24 to 27/08/2011, RJ.
- PhD in Intellectual Property and Innovation, Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial (INPI)
- Master’s in pharmacology and Medicinal Chemistry, the Graduate Program in Pharmacology and Medical Chemistry, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
- Specialist in Regulatory Affairs in the Pharmaceutical Industry, Postgraduate in Institute of Science, Technology and Quality (ICTQ)
- Extension Course in Industrial Pharmacy and Clinical Analysism, Brazilian Academy of Military Pharmacy (ABRAFARM)
- Graduation: Pharmacy, Universidade Estácio de Sá (UNESA)